Yesterday I was craving a steak and around here, it’s either grass-fed filet or a ribeye. We limit ourselves to red meat but once in a while, it’s a delicious treat especially with my homemade Chimichurri.
You may or may not be familiar with Chimichurri and if not, you’re totally missing out. The combination of garlic and onion married with fresh herbs, olive oil and fresh lemon create a flavor that will knock your socks off. Not only that, it’s filled with anti-inflammatory properties that take this incredible sauce to the next level.
For many of us, cooking is fun and healing. But for me, it is so rewarding when I can create something in the kitchen that is nourishing for my body. There is a misconception that food has to be unhealthy to taste good and that couldn’t be further from the truth!
What to keep in mind when cooking:
- am I providing essential vitamins and minerals
- am I using non-processed ingredients
- am I using non-GMO
- am I using organic produce
- am I using grass fed protein
- am I avoiding processed sugar
- am I using healthy fats
Here’s the beautiful breakdown of the incredible benefits of Chimichurri:
- lemon for detoxing & alkalinity
- garlic for reducing inflammation, lowering blood pressure & virus prevention
- olive oil for healthy fats, energy, brain support & reducing inflammation
- cilantro for detoxing heavy metals
- parsley for kidney support, fighting inflammation and bad breathe
- red onion for cancer prevention
- oregano for virus & infection prevention and removing biofilm
- sea salt for providing essential minerals & adrenal support
For the Chimichurri, make sure you are using fresh organic herbs and produce. Anything sprayed with pesticides introduces cancer-causing chemicals into your body and I think we would all like to avoid that. Buying locally-grown, organic produce ensures safety as well as the maximin benefit from vitamins and minerals.
- 1 1/2 cup Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar or ACV
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse 4-5 times until incorporated but not smooth. You want this somewhat chunky!!
Enjoy over a delicious grass-fed steak or wild caught fish. Get in that kitchen and create something healthy. You’re body will thank you!
Cheers to your best life!
Check out my Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette