There’s a good reason why Quinoa has been getting the big buzz. Not only is it delicious but it’s packed with protein & essential vitamins. It is a perfect substitute for rice and pasta which kind of makes it guilt free!!
I first tried quinoa a couple of years ago. I admit I was a little hesitant because honestly, I love rice and I couldn’t imagine anything else captivating my taste buds. Lo and behold I was hooked! If you’ve never tried quinoa then I say go for it! You will be pleasantly surprised.
My husband and I have quinoa a few times a week. We love following about an 80% plant based diet because we just feel better. This gorgeous salad is fun to make and as far as veggies, it can be tailored however you like . You really can’t go wrong!
So what are some of the benefits of Quinoa you ask?! Take a gander at these and tell me you don’t want to jump on the Quinoa bandwagon:
- High in phytonutrients which prevent disease
- Omega 3-a powerful anti-inflammatory
- Great source of protein
- High in fiber
- Gluten Free
- Contains Quercetin which is an anti-inflammatory & controls blood sugar
Honestly, you can judge for yourself when you dive into this healthy bowl of goodness. Make sure you save some for others!
Healthy Quinoa Salad
This is one of my favs! It’s easy to throw together and delicious!
- 4 cups Cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups cucumbers diced
- 1/2 cup yellow or orange pepper dice ((or color of your choice))
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup italian parsely chopped
- 1 1/2 limes freshed squeezed
- 1 tbs olive oil ((avocado oil works))
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
In a large bowl add quinoa followed by remaining ingredients-spices & olive oil
Mix until all ingredients until they are evenly incorporated
Store in the fridge in glass container with eco lid
If you’re new to quinoa, I hope this has you hooked! Stay healthy and feel free to share your thoughts on quinoa!
Cheers to your best life!